Both Egypt and Latvia are keen on continuing to hold Joint Committee sessions. So far, three sessions of the Joint Committee have been held, the last of which was in Cairo on 6-9 December 1998.
Important Recommendations /Agreements Signed at the Last Session:
The Joint Committee issued a number of recommendations which focus on the promotion of the mutual cooperation between both countries:
- Agreement on participating in athletic contests.
- Agreement on the exchange of information pertaining to the development of relations between educational institutes and scientific research centers.
- Agreement on exchanging information on the banking system.
- Affirming the importance of establishing a maritime transport line for the shipment of goods between both countries.
- Proposal for the establishment of an Egyptian trade center in Riga city for the storage and display of Egyptian merchandise.